These are a set of questions I am borrowing from 13-questions-to-diagnose-your-idolatries. I did not create them but was very blessed by reading and meditating on them. So here they are…..
Also please visit this article by one of my favorite bloggers, Erin Davis on How To Spot an Idol
- What do you most highly value?
- What do you think about by default?
- What is your highest goal?
- To what or whom are you most committed?
- Who or what do you love the most?
- Who or what do you trust or depend upon the most?
- Who or what do you fear the most?
- Who or what do you hope in and hope for most?
- Who or what do you desire the most? Or, what desire makes you most angry or makes you despair when it is not satisfied?
- Who or what do you most delight in or hold as your greatest joy and treasure?
- Who or what captures your greatest zeal?
- To whom or for what are you most thankful?
- For whom or what great purpose do you work?